Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Spectrum of Color: Kristin Gibson

Last Friday was featured artist Kristin Gibson's painting demo and open house!

It was my first time to watch Kristin at work and I was just one of a captive audience gathered to witness her artistic genius. I own one of Kristin's paintings and it is one of my most cherished pieces of art! Her unique and vibrant paintings can bring everyday objects to life and make an onion an object of inspiration and awe. Now I truly understand what she means when she says "Truth is, I paint the way I cook - not afraid to mix a little of this, with a little of that."


I am truly sorry if you missed her demo but luckily I do have a few pictures to share with you!







































The finished painting "Spectrum of Vegetables" at
Spectrum!












Nancy Noel May, our resident scarf tying expert, also did a scarf tying demo with the gorgeous new silk scarves Kristin brought in. Come in anytime and we will show you endless ways to transform any outfit with one of Kristin's stunning silk scarves (which by the way are hand-washable, perfect for all year round, fit easily in any purse and are absolute necessities for all vacations!)
They were all so beautiful, I couldn't make up my mind, so I just decided to wear all of them!


Come in this month to see the special collection of her new work in all sizes and price ranges. You can check out her work on our
website.

At Spectrum it is our mission to make life more beautiful, and Kristin is a major contributor in achieving our goal. We are so lucky to have Kristin as a friend and fellow artist.


Thanks Kristin!

-Taylor

Stay up to date on gallery news & events!
Email me and I will sign you up for our email newsletter.

No comments: